Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Terry Wogan RIP

We all woke up yesterday morning to the news that the BBCs star and all round entertainer had died. No-one was prepared for the news. For those of you in far off places, Terry Wogan was a household name. He had a lovely personality, an infectious smile and treated everyone with respect. He came to England from Dublin in the l970s I think. He was brought over to cover for another DJ who was on holiday. After that week was over, he was invited to back to work for the BBC. He has been there since. He worked early morning radio for almost 30 years and everyone, including the Queen, listened to him. Then he had television programmes. He hosted Children in Need every year and also hosted Come Dancing and the Eurovision Song Contest. After he retired from his morning show, he had a show on Sunday mornings. He will be very sadly missed. The newspapers and BBC and ITV and RTE are full of programmes about him. May he rest in peace.

Re: Terry Wogan RIP

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6417329.stm

Had a shock when Terry,s death was announced last week on Radio. No one realised he was ill with cancer. His show was a must every day when I was in Lisburn, unfortunately can't get BBC radio here, unless I had a World Radio.

He did a lot of Charity work, Children In Need, one of them for which he raised a lot of money & gave of his time every year. People loved his laid-back nature & his wry humour.

He said his life was perfect & he did'nt believe there was any better anywhere else. May he rest in peace, he will be missed by his fans everywhere.

Pat

wogan was the only celebtity who was paid for compering children in need