Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Let Us

A bright young lad was working his first job in the produce department of a large Canadian grocery store. A customer was hovering over the vegetables and asked the lad if he could have half a lettuce.

Our lad says, " Ye can't have HALF a lettuce, ye gotta take the whole lettuce"

The customer insisted and suggested the boy should ask the department manager.

Marching up to the manager, our lad said, " I've got this A.. h... back there who wants to buy HALF a lettuce "

Suddenly he noticed that the customer had followed him all the way and was right at his elbow.

Our lad, recovering quickly says, " And this gentleman, would like to buy the other half "

The manager, grasping the situation, says " Then I suggest you sell him that half"

At lunch break afterwards, the manager pulled the young lad aside and told him he liked he way he handled the situation and added that the company was looking for people like him, people who could think quickly. He added, the company was looking for a department manager in their Saskatoon store and he would recommend the lad for this position.

Not at all impressed by the location of this offer, our boy said " Saskatoon ? all that ever came out of that town were W.....s and hockey players "

The manager stared him in the eye and said " Really ! My wife comes from Saskatoon "

Without missing a beat, our lad says " Which team did she play for ?"

Re: Let Us

Ha Ha! He should have had a skelp around the earholes!

Fortycoats, very funny. Good to hear from you.

Girls, Liz talks about the young lad in my story needin' a good " Skelp "
They say you have never lived until you have been skelped by a wet lettuce.

My mother once skelped me with a wet floor mop!

Liz,

Nothing like a wet floorcloth aimed from below at the ankles to make you jump to attention. YESSSIR!

My Mother was a dab hand at it. Pat