Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Noel Stevenson, RIP

Noel Stevenson, a former resident of the Low Road, was laid to rest today. Some of you will remember Noel, who attended Hilden School, and was a great athlete. I remember Noel as a very tall, good-looking chap who lived at the top of Leamington Place with his parents and 2 brothers. He was 87 in December so he had a good innings. Dominic and myself, my brother Leonard and his wife attended the funeral today. First Lisburn church was packed. The Deaconess gave a very full account of Noel's life, sometimes having the congregation laughing at tales of his various escapades. I last spoke to Noel a couple of years ago and he looked well at that time. Going by the large turn-out and the genuinely kind words said about him, Noel Stevenson made many friends in his long life. May he rest in peace.

Re: Noel Stevenson, RIP

Hi Ann,

I am so sorry to hear of Noel's death. I remember him well running at the Wallace park track back in the 50s, he was a strong runner and always gave his all. Our condolences go out to all the Stephenson Family.

Beano

I remember Noel although he was older than I was, sorry to hear about his passing.
donald

My condolences to Ronnie & the Stevenson family circle.

I remember Noel in the Low Rd, he was older, but always around the district.

Later, after he married, we went to see him in the Orange Hall in "The Merry Widow" performed by Lisburn Operatic Society. A great show.

Those were the good old days.

May he rest in peace.

Pat

Hi Ann

Was he a brother of the late (Reggie Stevenson )married to Sally Dowling who used to live in Church Street.

Condolences to the family circle .
Tommy

Sorry to hear of the passing of Noel Stephenson. My condolences to Ronny and all the family. My he rest in peace. Pamela

Tommy, Noel was the eldest in the family. He was, indeed, wee Reggie's brother. Reggie's name was mentioned in the eulogy. Yes, Reggie was married to Sally Dowling. Sally also died some years ago. I see her sister, Margaret, an odd time in the Wallace Park. Margaret is as good looking as ever and is fit and well.

Hi Ann

Many thanks for the information ,It is always sad to hear of a death , although maybe not known personally.

But I love to hear of the folks ,past and present from church street .

Regards!
Tommy

If you have memories and stories of Noel I would love to get in touch , I’m David’s youngest son and would love to here stories about my grandads incredible life