Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Joe Kennedy

Margaret
Feb 28, 2013 - 10:22PM
donald, I'm sorry to let you know Joe Kennedy has passed away after a short ilness. His funeral is on Saturday at 1100am He was still driving until about three months ago. Such a lovely man and a true gentleman !

Mar 1, 2013 - 4:13PM
Re: Joe Kennedy
Margaret, I wonder would I know Joe Kennedy? I'm really only replying to see if this post goes as the website still seems to be off.

Margaret
Mar 1, 2013 - 6:07PM
Ann, Joe Kennedy taught in the tech for a long time He taught metal work etc. He was a very clever man and a real gentleman. He was Tom's boss for a while. Joe was 90 years old and was active until 6 months ago. A lovely man ! He had advised Donald to stop smoking when he was at school and he had managed it 55+ years later

Tommy
Mar 2, 2013 - 11:40AM
Hi Margaret

You are rite when you say Joe Kennedy , was a gentleman . I had the privalage of being taught by him in the metalwork class , a few years ago . And i was amazed by the way he could make things , in metal .
Very soft spoken !
My thoughts are with the family at this sad time .
Regards!
Tommy

Mauri
Mar 2, 2013 - 8:18PM
I am still having difficutly getting on the Forum, also the messages all seem to be mixed up, with a 2 March 2013 comment followed by a September 2012 comment etc etc. Comments please that is if I can find them.????. Mauri

[moved from other forum]