Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Busy time

Just to say that, like most other people, I'm "up to my eyes" in Christmas. sending a wee "hello" to let you all know i'm still here (in the kitchen). Where else? Bye for now.

Re: Busy time

Hi all,

We are still here too, on high ground luckily, with all this rain & the Shannon & Abbey River overflowing all the fields around us, making a small island of this area. Thank God for the slopes as pictures of poor residents not far away having their houses ruined just before Christmas.

People are not thankful when everything is well, we appreciate our good fortune tho' the rain seems incessant it is staying above us, Ireland is well & truly underwater in the West.

Anger at the Governments not doing anything in past years to control the Shannon flow in Winter, an Election in Jan/Feb should see changes all round. The fat cats have had their day the newspapers have exposed them in all their underhand selfish dealings.

Will change come, it is up to the people to see it does in 2016.

Pat

Pat, "Oh, the weather outside is frightful, and the fire is so delightful" etc

Hi Pat and Annette,

Weather here in St.Catharines is wonderful, Springlike, I wore shorts and a golf shirt yesterday, it was 18c, not like Christmas at all. The temps yesterday were the highest since 1901.......it is to get a lot colder by the weekend.

Beano

Beano, I'd love to see you in your shorts. Good for you. Now I wonder will this information put me off my sleep tonight.

Ann,

Not the prettiest of sights, I can assure you. Weather has cooled down today it is around 6c at present...... for goodness sake have a good night's sleep.

Beano