Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Weather Report

Well here we are into December and apart from a small sprinkling of snow the other morning which soon disappeared it is like early spring weather wise in Southern Ontario with the temperature this morning reading 9oC or about 48oF.for this time of the year that is way above average. Maybe we will pay for it next month??, though in the Eastern and Far North parts of Canada they have had lots of snow. How is it in your part of the world.??Iwill be very surprised if we do not get a white Xmas. Mauri

Re: Weather Report

Mauri, we're having a spell of very mild weather. Today, the place is like a picture. The sun shone all day and now dusk is setting in. The sky is a pale blue with just a hint of an amber glow in the distance. It's a real winter scene.

Mauri,

WE!1 WET! WET! Love to see some snow for a change.

Pat

Pat, and you said you weren't into pop bands.

Sorry Pat,Ann and Mauri,

I missed this post before adding my bit to "Busy Days". A lot warmer here than north of Toronto...

Beano

just to cheer you all up. i'm in melbourne at the moment, and it's dry sunny and been 30C today and rest of week??. actually just back from a drive up the bush to look at my last house and the three acres . the countryside looks lovely.as the song says ''dressed in green and gold''

Tom, ah you just want to make us jealous. To tell the truth our weather this past few days has been extremely mild. Everybody is noticing how the spring flowers are coming into bloom. In fact, some of our roses are budding again despite the fact that they didn't stop blooming at all up to now. Some, not all of them. The weather is really unreasonable but I'm not complaining. Tom, enjoy the sunshine.

Just of the phone to Adelaide (Not the station) and I was told todays temperature was 43% I explained we were also having record highs of 13% and was laughed at ,43% in a city I cant even comprehend that Regards Ted

Ted. At least they have air conditioning now, in my day In Australia air conditioning was unheard of people used to ly in their hallways to try and keep cool on exceptionally hot days, on ships we used to sleep out in the open decks especially around the equator. Mauri

Good Morning Mauri We take a lot for granted nowadays and just thinking about them temperatures in a city and no A/C is something else ,and yet I suppose one had to get on with everyday life and then trying to keep food and liquids fresh ? I am just thinking if we get a couple of weeks sunshine there's a hose ban and yet they take it in there stride ,Regards Ted

like a spring morning here but winds starting to blow getting stormy

Hi Barney Just back from Holy Trinity and I just had a jacket on and I tell you once out of the car it is quite fresh and would put colours in your complextion ,anyhow said what I had to and got back sharpest,but while there I came to the conclusion that I have more friends in there than outside ,funny that ! Regards Ted
conclusion

Hi all,

Thank God the flood waters are receding tho' the mess left behind for farmers is hard work clearing ( bottles, cans, plastic containers, ets) in case the cattle or sheep eat them.

The swans (6) are still sailing by in the distance & hundreds of seagulls are still visiting, but hopefully the worst is over.

Our temperatures are today 10% & cooler than before, roses are blooming on our porch & narcissus are nearly over in the border out front. Snowdrops & primroses are there too in force & some trees are in bud.

A strange Winter this year. Pat

P.S. Gave Finn a big bone today & Joe found 2 big crows had stolen it from him and he had to retreive it in the next field for him. Big softie Finn.!

Afterthought,

Our grandson & his fiancee sailed on Saturday for family Christmas in France & say the sea crossing was the worst they ever had, with delay first of an hour or more from Rosslare & then a very stormy crossing.

Pat