Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Paris

All the publicity about the shocking events in Paris took me back to when my wife and I were there some seven or eight years ago. We were over in Lisburn for a vist and had also booked on a coach tour to Paris from Belfast. Everything went reasonbly well and after checking into our hotel we were taken to the centre of Paris near the Eiffel Tower and left to wander on our own with a time limit to be back at the designated pick up spot. After doing some sightseeing the time flew in and we suddenly realized we had better get back to the pick up spot, unfortunatley by now we were completely lost and both of us had different ideas as to what way we should go so we flipped a coin and I won and luckly my sense of direction was right so we made it back just in time, just a little bit scary though??? Mauri

Re: Paris

Mauri re the terrible events in Paris, there's nothing anyone can add as it has all been said. I wouldn't have the knowledge to even begin to understand the minds of these people who think nothing of life, even their own. The world is becoming a dangerous place, particularly when people like these are free to target wherever and whatever they choose. Let's hope they are defeated soon.

Re: Paris

Ann, I could"nt agree more. Mauri