Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dull November

Dull November brings the blast
Then the harvest's home at last.

The rhyme we learnt at school doesn't apply this year. Today is most beautiful; sunny and warm. In fact, although the leaves are changing hue now, there are still plenty on the trees. Looking out from the kitchen, we have a lovely view of many trees and it's like a picture with all the different colours. We went for a walk in the Wallace Park earlier with Tess as it would have been a sin to stay indoors on such a fine day. The weather here is definitely like September at present. Hard to look out and think we're in November. Climate change is definitely here.

Re: Dull November

Ann,

Heard on the Radio earlier that this October has been the best in a lifetime, 19.5% in Kerry yesterday & the next couple of days is to be continuing warm sunny weather, but Wednesday is to bring a change with the new moon.

Joe is setting daffodil bulbs at the moment. I am only going to set others in a tub this week in case early planting bring them up too soon in Spring.

Our garden is still blooming for the third time but I will cut all the roses this week as frost will be coming soon I fear, tho' we didn't get any fog at all this last week & Shannon, London flights have been delayed. At the moment the sun is still shining setting time is around 6.00p.m.

Shorten the Winter as the old saying goes. This is the first day of Irish Winter. Pat

Re: Dull November

Pat,Ann, Our November has started off really nice, sunshine forecast all week with the temperatures up around 19oC towards the end of the week and presently around 15oC, but I guess it won't be long untill the white stuff arrives, I have a date towards the middle of the month to get my snow tires on??? though I sometimes wonder if it is worth it as I don't have to go out if the weather is bad, not like when I was working and was driving all over the place.??? Mauri