Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Spectre

I've been busy this week getting the bedroom shipshape again. However, yesterday I took myself off to the cinema to see Spectre, the new James Bond movie. There were long queues to get in but I eventually made it. I thoroughly enjoyed the film and can recommend it.

Re: Spectre

hi ann
yes that one is on my little list to see. this week we saw the bridge of spys with tom hanks. fairly true story and very interesting.

Tom, Spectre is a long film so my advice is not to drink too much before going. I had a large cup of tea before leaving the house and, well, you know the rest. Several other people must have drank tea too, because there were quite a few coming and going during the show. In fact, if the film had gone on for another half hour, I would have had to leave my seat again. However, I held on but had to rush to the ladies on the way out. I know, I know, TOO MUCH INFORMATION. Enjoy the film.

Ann,

This feature of growing old has absolutely nothing to recommend it.

Pat

Pat, I absolutely agree, but a minor hiccup in the grand scheme of things. I think I told you all before about going on a day trip to the Isle of Man with Dominic when I was about 16 years old. I was very shy in those days and after being on the island all day long was to embarrassed to say that I needed a pee. SO, I held on until we boarded the boat again. I still don't know how I was able to spend a whole day out without using the loo. Talk about young and foolish. Can't see the young ones now being so stupid.

'To' should be 'too' - oh dear, another senior moment!!!!!!

Hi Ann

How did you get on at the Macular Clinic, have been thinking about you.

Liz, just been spammed after giving you a lengthy description of my day at the Macular Clinic. Thanks for asking. As I said, I've been so busy with everything else, I had forgotten all about that. The long and short of it is that my right eye's vision is low. However, because my right eye is so very good I am still allowed to drive. I can see plenty. It's another little present associated with ageing but not too serious when you look at other people and their problems. It only affects my central vision so not too bad. NEXT (I'm referring to the next ailment).

Keep cheerful Ann. I have had a cataract op recently, like yourself, but was quite concerned to find I had Macular Disorder as well. It is the dry type so I am hoping it does not get worse. The joys of getting older!

Liz

Liz, I should have said that the sight in my LEFT eye is good. I can see you understand what I mean. Liz, my macular is dry as well. Apparently, if you have to have Macular Degeneration Disorder, dry is better than wet. Only problem with the dry type is that there is no treatment. By the way, just to make you feel better, the dry type can turn to wet. Let's hope it doesn't happen to either of us. Oh, Liz, the joys of ageing.

Ahhhhhh, You poor old ladies my heart goes out to the pair of you. I bet you don't miss much anyway. Ha! Ha! Pam

What, me!! Old lady! Don't see myself as that! Still, I can't see well, hear well and am given to limping a bit, so maybe I should renew my self image! Oh dear I woke up happy........

Pamela, had to laugh at your comment about not missing much. You're dead right; throw down a £20 pound note and it won't lie long.

Liz, I should tell you that I have an appointment at hospital next week regarding my right hip. I will find out at this clinic if I need a hip replacement. If you are limping, I imagine you might need one too. It's not something I look forward to as I had complications with the last hip replacement, resulting in re-admission to hospital and a second operation. However, saying that, my left hip is completely pain-free and I have no awareness of a new hip being there. The exception to this is at the airport where the alarm goes off and I'm pulled in to be frisked. (along with all the other "hippies"). NEXT.........