Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Judge Judy

Really suprised to read that there are several of you who watch "Judge Judy", personally I cannot stand her as any resemblance to a real oourt of law is purely coincidental. I know and ackowledge that everybody has their own opinions and thats why I am expressing mine.???? Mauri

Re: Judge Judy

Mauri, for some reason most men don't like Judge Judy. I think it is because she is "enough for them" and takes no nonsense. Of course, as I said before, she does get away with a lot but then that's why she's on TV. I think she's great; she looks well, she's highly intelligent and she's also very entertaining. As with all things, I overdo the shows and then get fed up and take a break for a while. However, I still have them all recorded. I did the same with The Waltons old shows. Watched them until I got sick of the sight of them all. Same with reading books - I go on a "reading binge" and then cease for another while. Ah well, keeps me out of mischief I suppose. (what!, I only "suppose") Goodnight all.

Mauri, I watch JJ for entertainment value only, I have only once been to Small Claims Court in Canada, where I represented my son who was claiming non delivery of motor parts. We won.
After hearing evidence from each side, we can usually guess the outcome of each case but the entertainment comes from watching the variety of " folks " who are the litigants. Lawyers, Doctors all the way down to Welfare Bums who are not treated kindly by her honour. I enjoy watching them express what they believe to be " their rights " regardless if I agree or disagree with their views.

Hi all,

I used to watch the soaps but this last few years, (emphasis on the last) I find they bore me & I have stopped watching them, including Judge Judy & the prize shows etc.

I now enjoy real life shows like Nature, travel, or life stories or history of Hollywood etc. The history of the Musicals & the dancing of Fred Astaire particularly, also singing stars like Frank Sinatra or Bing Crosby. I used to find Fred Astaire like a tailors dummy earlier. At least I have knowledge of the people shown & find other lands & scenery very interesting. The travels round the little English villages is a brilliant programme, didn't think they still existed.

Of course the old films are my favourite, don't show enough of them, great stories with happy endings, no murder or violence, escapism, which is what films are about after all.

Must be old age that changes taste, I used to love Dallas !!!!!!

Pat