Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The S Word

Sorry Pat and Ann, the dreaded SPAM got me after many attempts to post reply. Have got a copy of my posted drivel and will try again tomorrow, perhaps it won't recognize me. 40

Re: The S Word

Fortycoats, try calling yourself 'Fiftycoats' and see what happens.

Keeps asking for VALUE whatever that is 40 or 50, forgotten who I am

Will try again, Bravenet you have a poor spam filter ! Needs revision. Here is an abbreviated version of my earlier response.

Pat, you seem to have chosen an idyllic setting to spend your Golden Years, your locale reminds me of my childhood days spent in Carnreagh.
Ann, we watch Judge Judy daily and her features may have sharpened over the years, but not as much as her tongue.

We live in a gated community adjacent to a wooded area and within a 10 minute drive from the ocean. We feed a large variety of wild birds and I like to photograph them. They like raw peanuts and we have three feeders to attract these critters and red squirrels as well.

When I regain my confidence in this form of communication, I promise to bore you with more details. In the meantime hope you both are in good health and enjoying yourselves.

Fortycoats, I agree with you about the Spam filter. I discovered that by using different Christian names, I am able to avoid Spam. (so far). Not satisfactory, though. Didn't happen in the late Jim's time. He would have put a stop to it immediately and changed the filter. It puts people off. Anyhow, enough of that. Fortycoats, your life, like our own, sees to be more laid back now. Sounds an idyllic spot where you are. Canada appears to cater for retired people in a way that I would like to see here; such as gated communities, with facilities like libraries, a cinema, a health centre, etc. The older generation are on the increase. It would be a good idea for the Governdment to start putting some ideas into practice. Don't hold out muh hope though the way things are going, especially with the Health Service. Long waiting lists, especially for orthopaedics; however, even cancer patients are having to wait for weeks and months before being seen which is a shame on whoever runs the country. As you can see, I'm fighting fit at this time of the morning. Lovely morning here. Another sunny, warm, autumn day. Have to make some chutney for my youngest daughter who is coming for Christmas. Promised Pat I would save some for her too, plus home made plum jam. Better get going. Take Care, good to hear from you.