Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dying wife

I blinked back tears, (yet again), watching that old couple sharing a lifetime love for each other at the bedside of the very frail old wife. The video, presumably taken by their offspring, was shared on youtube. The beautiful tune playing in the background was highly appropriate - Have I told you lately that I love you?

Re: Dying wife

Dabbler, sad as the video must have been, and much as I sympathise with the family, I don't think the final moments of someone's life should be shared with the whole world. That's my opinion and|I'm sure others have their views.

Dabbler, Ann, I don't know what video you are talking about Dabbler and I don't want to be morbid, but I have had the sad experience of sitting on the bed and watching my wife pass away also my Father in Law in his 70s and a close life long friend who was only 42 when he passed on. I could also tell some stories about several deaths I observed in the service but enough is enough ????. Mauri

Mauri/Ann
Maybe my choice of sad songs, movies and poems is indicative of an underlying illness in my mind. In that particular video, I like the song, I like the sentimental expression of a shared love by a very old couple, and Mauri, I don't believe it is anything but a well-made video by professionals, so no different to, for example, Love Story or Ghost, both of which I found moving - but, as I admit, I'm a soppy old git.

ann,
i agree with you, a private moment for the family like that one , should remain private.

Tom
NOTHING is private nowadays. Check Wikileaks!