Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Eclipse

Hi all,

I looked out near 3.00a.m. & the full moon was gone but the stars were visible, the light was grey.

At nearly 7.00a.m. the moon was like a large apricot, low in the Wes tern sky & the fields were flooded with a golden light.

As the sun slid into view around 7.30a.m. bathing the East with a copper blaze, the sun gradually faded away & the day is now sunny but cool & promising to be a beautiful Autumn day.

Joe saw the moon's top half covered around 4.30a.m., sorry I missed it, but sleep overtook me.

A wonder of Nature, did any of you see the Elipse.?

Pat

Re: Eclipse

Pat, I saw a partial eclipse at 4.20 am or so. I awoke first at 1.30 am but knew it was too soon although I did look out. The moon looked smaller, if anything, but extremely bright at this time. I hoped I would waken at 3 am to see the "blood moon" and I thought about setting the alarm; however, I didn't. I would loved to have seen the red moon but I'm sure there'll be pictures on TV later.

Looks like I'm replying to Pat writing to herself, but anyway, I was crazy enough to get up at 3.30. It was extremely dark. I took a picture of the sky through my bedroom window, and if I maximize the shot I can just pick out a small eclipsed moon.

Dabbler, that input from'Pat' was actually me. Another gremlin must have got into my computer. Maybe into my head, which would be worse.!!!!!

Last night the TV news showed many pictures of the red moon. It was an awesome sight and I would love to have seen it. Apparently it will be another 20 years before the next one. With a bit of luck I might be here to see it; stranger things have happened. By the way, Dabbler, my mother would have said it was a sign for the end of the world. My mother had us scared to death when young - thunder, lightning, 3 dark days, mortal sins, the devil. She didn't tell us these things out of malice, but she really believed them herself, God help her. I would love to have seen her reaction to the 'blood moon'.

Anya
somebody told me that thunder was the voice of an angry god. I believed tht for a year or two.