Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wondering

Hi all,

Watched an old man (104) & woman (102) last night on the Late Show. They were wonderful, full of life & humour. One's tip for long living was moderation, the other's, God's Will. The lady worked in a famous shop in Dublin, until she was 75.

Here am I sometimes wondering how much longer I have, how many aches & pains I have, how will I end my day & what will be the end ,

They have given me hope to live for today, keep young at heart, laugh & live until I die, no wondering any more.

Whatever will be, will be, nothing I can do about it, as my Grannie always said "Never worry about the day you've never seen"

Pat [

Re: Wondering

Pat, I didn't see the show but that is a wonderful age for a married couple to reach. As you say, humour, moderation in everything and a positive outlook all helps. Of course, they must have been blessed with healthy genes too, but good luck to them.

In the doctor´s practice when the doctor called "next please" an elderly lady helped her husband into the surgery. The doctor asked "what is the matter with your husband"? The lady answered " Doctor we have noticed a distinct falling off in my husband´s sexual proneness" The Doctor asked, " How old are you and your husband"? The lady answered "I´m 92 and my husband is 95". The doctor asked " Since when have you noticed this "? The lady answered " First last night and again this morning"!

Donald, YOU ARE JOKING!!!!!!!

Ann
"Many a true word is spoken in jest"! "An old fiddle plays a lovely tune"! to quote some.
donald

Donald,

Another of my Grannie's sayings

"They should be saying their prayers"

Pat

Pat
"or praying for a happy death"
donald

Donald,

Who could be happy leaving your family forever.? I pray for a "slipping away" death, no bother to anyone, preferably in my sleep.

I also pray for sensibility to the end & living in the bosom of my family, as in the old days.

Wonder what will really happen, have I enough faith to believe my prayers will be heard.?

YES........hope you are all listening... my family I mean....Pat