Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
It would make you laugh

I made Dominic a mild chicken curry and rice for his tea tonight, just for a change. I gave him a large helping, served with naan bread. I had chicken and mushrooms with veg. Anyway, I watched as he wolfed the whole heap down, and mopped up the last dregs of sauce with the bread. When he was finished he announced, "I'm not a great curry man". You can guess what my reply was, or maybe you shouldn't try, but beat that for cheek. MEN!!!!!

Re: It would make you laugh

Just for that I would make it HOTTER next time!

Ann & all,

Are you surprised.? We are invited today to a free meal & champagne in a 4star hotel & Joe announced "I would rather have dinner at home, you know what you're eating."!!!!

Pat

Liz and Pat. You know what the problem is? THEY'RE SPOILED. Today I have a bit of a head cold. I may mention to Dominic about him having a go at cooking dinner later. That'll teach him. If he does cook dinner, I may voice a little criticism of the dish.

Ann, I bet you cooked the dinner as usual. Sometimes it is just as well to save your breath with these men!

A day without spuds is like a day without sunshine Frank Stewart

One Lisburn drunk said the best meal he ever had was 'taty' farls and wine.

Hi all,

My favourite meal is starter, small salad with olive oil & a chopped egg with tomato & mayo, followed by fillet steak with braised onions & veg including floury potatoes & gravy, then a light dessert, like meringue & raspberries & pouring cream, some cheese & grapes, finishing off with a small cup of good coffee. I like a while between courses, a lingering meal with good wine. Of course there are others I like, but that is my favourite.

What do you others like.?

Pat

Pat, I think your nickname should be "greedy guts". I never saw anyone who could eat all her own dinner and then have a taste of everyone's else's. "An eating horse never dies". Nowadays, as you know, my choices are limited. My diet has to be fairly bland - fish or chicken, with small amount of veg, maybe potatoes. Ice cream is ok but no rich chocolate desserts (which I loved) nor anything too sweet. One good thing about this is that I am keeping in good trim. I had a beautiful piece of baked cod last night, but it was expensive - couldn't eat it at that price everynight. Tonight is chicken fillet. "If I eat any more chicken I'll be laying a double yolked egg" as someone we both know pronounced one time. I know now how she felt.

How did Pat's name come up on my posting? A gremlin, perhaps!!!!!!

Ann,

You must remember I take SMALL portions. You like little & often, me I take 3 meals a day, no in between.....

Pat

Pat, Jaysus, "small portions". For a horse!!!!!!

Ann ,

What else to enjoy now but good food & drink in moderation.

Jealous!!!!!!! Remember the old days, greedy guts.....Pat