Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The worst thing about holidays.

That would be coming back again. Then, after just one day home, I want to be in the sunshine once more. The second thing is unpacking all the clothes, half of which are never worn anyhow. I spent all morning ironing the clothes which I had taken with me. They'll go straight back into a suitcase for the next time away. I can see my tan fading every day, but nothing much can be done about that. We had a great time in a lovely wee traditional Spanish town. I ate fresh fish every single day and it was delicious. I won't say any more in case this is spammed but will fill in more details of the holiday later.

Re: The worst thing about holidays.

Ann,

Rain this morning, a change from the warmth of the Spanish sun & a cup of tea on the balcony in our nightdresses early in the morning.

I love the green of Ireland, can't have everything, but the sun makes everything pleasant, maybe tomorrow will be a sunny one.....maybe?

Well, we have our memories AND sometimes it WAS too hot.......30%

Pat

Pat, I didn't think that Spain was too hot in September. It suited me down to the ground, but everyone's different. Tell you what, neither of us will complain of the heat now we're back. When I think of the delicious fish, the olives, crusty bread, tapas, ice cream under an umbrella - I can't wait until my next holiday. I hope to make arrangements next year so that Dominic and I can holiday together. During Cheltenham one of my sons takes a week off. I haven't asked yet but he's calling today and I may mention dog-sitting next March. He loves Tess almost as much as I do, so I know he won't mind, just as long as it doesn't interrupt his viewing of the horse racing. It would have to be one of the Canary Islands, probably Tenerife, so it will give me something to looking forward to during the winter months. As I say, the worst about holidays is coming back - wanting more.

Ann,

I marvelled at the way you could sunbathe in full sunshine at midday, I was wilting under the umbrella or asleep more likely with the
lulling of the waves nearby......Memories.

A lovely sunny morning here, good to be alive & well, autumn in the early morning with dew thick on the grass is a time to savour too.

Pat

'Mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun'. Women too.