Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Forum Contributions

Come on People how about more contributions and comments about recent entries. Not sure when Pat and Ann get back but am sure they will be telling us about their holiday in Spain, can't believe its over thirty years ago that my wife and I were in the Costa Del Sol for a week then over to Morocco for another week touring around and finishing up in Tangiers what a diaster that part of the trip was one of those holidays you would rather forget, bad food etc,"Ah Well" can't win them all as someone once said. Mauri

Re: Forum Contributions

Mauri, just arrived back this evening. Put the computer on to clear the mailbox, but had to have a wee look at Lisburn Exiles too. Had a wonderful holiday - sun, great food, not expensive at all and I would go back to this particular resort. Don't have time now to tell everything but we're back safe and sound. Oh, by the way, raining in Ireland, AS USUAL.

Welcome Back Pat & Ann, Hope you had a nice relaxing holiday, too bad you couldn't bring the sun back with you and set it over Lisburn. We had some cooler weather here over the weekend and a little rain but back to sunshine today with the temperature around 24oC and expected to climb into the 30s by the end of the week though as we are now nearly into Fall don't expect the hot weather to last much longer. Mauri

Hi all,

Have wasted enough time trying to post a reply so give up.!! Maybe that is why the Forum is dying?!

Pat

Hey Pat, Never say die??, I only have the occasional time when my comments dissapear and not for quite a while so really don't know what the problem is with your side of the Pond and Jim's son doesn't seem very interested. I have often been tempted to make one last contribution and then forget it but something keeps drawing me back so have another go and tell us about your vacation. Mauri

O.K. Mauri,

Thanks for the Welcome Back, here goes again. We had a hilarious time, lovely location, spotless apartments, good food & wines, sunny weather & warm sea, what more could one ask for in a holiday.

Only sorry we had not more time to spend there but hopefully there will be a next time as we all agreed we would go back.

I have already lost one reply so trusting this one will go.

Pat

There's nothing quite like a girlie holiday. The laughs we had - men wouldn't have understood the humour. One day I wet myself laughing (that woman will be back to scold me again). They say a laugh is as good as a tonic. I fully agree. We should all laugh more, but it really takes a crowd of females together to bring the humour out. Oh, if only you knew the things we laughed at. What happened in Spain stays in Spain - right, Pat?

Ann.

I agree with most of your comments, except too much information about personal hygiene.! Luckily the sea was only a few feet away.!

If we cannot see the funny side we are not living. Pat

Personal hygiene my foot. I can't help if my bladder gives way - blame yourself for making me laugh!!!!!!