Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tragedy at Hilden Brewery

Yesterday afternoon a fatal accident occurred at Hilden Brewery. The owner's little boy, aged 4, was killed by a heavy load falling down and crushing him. The owner was seriously injured and is in the Royal Victoria Hospital. Apparently the little, blonde-haired boy was a lovely child and apparently everyone who met him commented on how cute he was. How sad is that. The child was due to start primary school next month. The yearly Festival which is held in the Brewery in August has been cancelled. Strangely enough, on Wednesday, after we discovered that the coffee shop in the Civic Centre was closed, someone suggested that we go to Hilden Brewery instead. I'm glad now we didn't because we may have seen the little boy, and that would have made the tragedy more personal to me. I feel for the parents.