Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Windows 10

Don't you feel foolish sometimes? I did yesterday, although I didn't care one bit. First of all my computer screen minimised. I couldn't find the icon to maximise it again and I discovered that all the other icons had vanished as well. I pressed a few keys in the hope that the screen would come back, but no such luck. I then discovered that I wasn't logged in any longer. Dominic checked all the plugs and connections, but to no avail. My son, who calls for lunch, checked everything too but could not find the problem. I decided to call up to PC World, where I bought the computer.

Re: Windows 10

I didn't want to get spammed so that's why I kept the first posting a bit short. I know, I know I'm using different names but I don't know for sure if that's how spam works or not. Anyhow, went into PC World and the chap looked at my computer. In a few seconds, he handed it back to me completely fixed. I asked him what was wrong. He pointed to a button on the keyboard (no doubt one of the buttons I had been pressing). This button had a light and by pressing it I had switched the connection off. A lesson taught. He then informed me that the new Windows 10 was out today. He said I could connecct it myself or he would do it for £30. I declined and said I would do it myself. I now find out that it will automatically download very shortly (thank the Lord) AND it's an easier programme than this Windows 8 that I have. SO, new technology all the time. Life doesn't get any easier, eh? Gotta run fast to catch up with all these new gadgets or we'll be left behind.