Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Summer in Lisburn

We've had very little summer so far this year. A day or two here, maybe a week if we're lucky and that was in May. I'm getting fed up with dull skies and rain. What can you do - nothing. Today started off dull and wet, now (at 4 pm) the skies are letting us have a glimmer of sun, but there are plenty of rain clouds still up there. I would love to get away somewhere warm but I won't leave my dog, even with family. She's too dependent on us now and it wouldn't be fair on her. If someone had told me years ago that I would forego a holiday because of an animal, I would have scoffed at their foolishness. However, it has come to pass with me and I now understand other pet pwners who treat their animals as members of the family. We're trapped, for the time being. Just letting off steam and frustration. Sometimes it helps. However, a week of sun would be better.