Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
lisburn & district angling club

I wonder if anyone can put me in touch with any past members of the now defunct lisburn & district angling club. I would so like to get together & talk about many happy days we had. thank you eamon.

Re: lisburn & district angling club

Eamon, my eldest son might know someone. He's into fishing. Next time he calls, if I remember, I'll ask him. Now, don't say that nobody answered you.

Ann & Eamon,

Kieran, my eldest son, will remember them, as he was a member, as was Thomas Crothers, they being the the youngest ones. I imagine most of the older members have passed to their reward now.

I knew Sammy mc Niece, (R.I.P.) who worked in Hilden, was one too, also his friends, whose name elude me, but I can see their faces. They went on bus tours to the lakes along the Border & had great sing-songs on the way home.

Joe used to be a guest on the trips, in case any unforeseen accident occoured, as Kieran was so young, fishing upriver out of sight. Incidentally, he is still fishing on the Boyne now for trout.

Pat

thanks pat & ann for replying as you say most of them have gone to that great river in the sky. any info at all on any surviving members would be much appreciated. thank you and tight lines.

I remember you going with our aunts Nellie and Muriel to the annual fishing clubs prize giving in the Assembly rooms and also manufacturing your own flies
donald

My eldest son ties his own flies too. I forgot to mention the Club to him today but I will.