Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hols

Thanks Beano,

Reply was Spammed, so I am persona non gratia at this time.

Pat

Beano & Pat, got back from Donegal yesterday. I wish I could say the weather had been beautiful but I would be lying. We had 2 really sunny days, at which point I suggested we stay for 2 weeks instead of one. However, from then on the wind blew, it was cold, the skies were grey and the only consolation was a big, roaring turf fire in the cottage. Suffice to say I wore at least 3 layers every day. At best we had a peaceful, relaxing break and we did get a walk every single morning on a beautiful beach, of which there were several. However, as regards holiday in the future while Tess is alive, it will be the East coast of Ireland.

Ann,

You & Dominic must come to Nerja with us sometime, always sunshine & heat.

Pat

Pat, we intend to go abroad again but unfortunately that will be when Tess is no longer with us. She's now over 12, but running around like a pup. You should have seen her on the beach, excited as a child, full of energy and belying her age. However, I know that anything can happen in the near or distant future, and I'm not looking forward to that day. Only consolation might be that we will be able to head to the sun again.