Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Shark Attack

Barney, Another time I got into catching sharks was on the oil tanker British Osprey and we were on our way to Lorenzo Margues in Portugueese East Africa from the Persian Gulf when we broke down and were just drifting along, this was at the height of the Cuban Missle Crisis. Our engineers were working like crazy to get our engine going and we were hauling sharks in and dumping them on the deck, being a loaded tanker we were very low in the water so they were easy to haul in. Our Captain got mad with us and ordered the sharks thrown back in the water and catching them to stop Mauri

Really surprised that Barney was the only one who made any comment about my shark stories, maybe I should'nt be telling these type of tales??. Its pretty hard for someone like myself who although born and bred in Lisburn have spent relatively very little time in the town to talk about local events or experiences, with over fifty years in Canada and twenty years before that roaming around the world I sometimes feel like an intruder even on this Forum. Mauri

You are certainly no intruder sir.
Keep your stories coming.
I may not comment but I can assure you that I thoroughly enjoy them.

Hi Mauri, Like Low Roader & Barney I can assure you your stories are like the lead offers in a Supermarket they are appreacate by us all I assure you because I sometimes don't confirm my appreacation of your input I probably take it for granted the site would be all the poorer without your input,so please keep them coming Kind Regards Ted

Mauri
Really surprised that Barney was the only one who made any comment about my shark stories, maybe I should'nt be telling these type of tales??. Its pretty hard for someone like myself who although born and bred in Lisburn have spent relatively very little time in the town to talk about local events or experiences, with over fifty years in Canada and twenty years before that roaming around the world I sometimes feel like an intruder even on this Forum. Mauri

Hi Mauri your a legend here with your yarns and stories of your past adventures/past life just keep them coming in good luck

mauri,

please keep the stories coming, they are very interesting and enjoyed.

Thanks Guys, really appreciate your comments. Mauri

Mauri, I enjoy your adventures very much. I know it can be frustrating when people don't comment and I can be as guilty of this as the next person. I must confess it is much nicer when one's input is appreciated. Keep posting.

Ann
now you know how frustrated I feel as I was expecting hundreds of comments to my contribution about our Queen visiting the Vaterland.
donald