Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Irish Referendum

Here Here Pat I totally agree with you. Pam

I was thinking, (is God watching?), of sex, and I spotted these comments about the referendum. I wonder if some civilized people still confuse that wildly exciting urge with the gentle emotional sentiment of love? I have known and liked, indeed had feelings akin to love for one or two homosexual men, but could never in a million years feel sexually aroused by them. I nevertheless fully understood that their feeling for the male body was different to mine, and I cared not one hoot how they behaved in private with their chosen partners.I also believe that, as a couple, they should be entitled to the same legal rights as any couple who choose to commit to each other.

Dabs,

IN Private is the operative word. Nowadays Public is regarded as normality. Bull****.!!!

Pat

I would not challenge the young Irish dancer, but I ask the old lady: Should these passionate women be deprived of legal equality because they are excited by female rather than male genitalia?

Dabs,

The old lady says she has learned much in her long life & that legality doesn't always work is one of them, we have many examples of it.

E.G. It used to illegal for young children to play in the Wallace Park in Lisburn, on Sundays.

Pat

Imagine! John LENNON.

Pat
Presuming that you were attempting a serious debate, what is the connection between Wallace Park Sunday rules and the Irish referendum on same sex marriage?

Pat

Dabs,

The Referendum

We were out of the country, so couldn't vote, as were thousands of others, so how could it be a Referendum.? Business people could vote if abroad, but a time limit was on all others, even sick people.

Time will tell the tale, as in all things. Marriage for me is between a man & a woman, the Natural Order of life, going against Nature cannot work.

In our day where were all these people,? They didn't want to take over society then, but now is different. Majority doesn't rule now, minorities do, it seems.

Everyone deserves a life of love, but some love is different to Nature, (but still Love.) Granted it is there but don't make it like the Natural Procreation of the Species.

This is just my opinion. Pat

Pat,

If marriage is the Natural Order of Life why were Priests not allowed to fall in love and get married ?

donald

Donald
Yours is a more logical argument. I was giving Pat the opportunity to extend her 'point', illogicall though it appears.
Actually, I feel sorry for many of those celibate priests, especially those who were homosexually inclined, and who chose celibacy in the priesthood to escape temptation, leaving them open to other allegations.

i was going to answer this post that it would be animals next, but i googled it then

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human%E2%80%93animal_marriage

apparently it has been going on some time

Barney
Thanks for bringing me back to Earth. I couldn't read that without tittering.

Donald,

As I am sure you will agree, Marriage is decision that requires a lifetime of dedication.

We cannot serve two Masters, the decision is there for one or the other. Free will at all times.

"Take up your Cross & Follow me"

Pat

Dabbler
Pat
Presuming that you were attempting a serious debate, what is the connection between Wallace Park Sunday rules and the Irish referendum on same sex marriage?
[/quote

]Dabs

Both a hypocritical display of righteousness.

Pat

Pat
Donald,

As I am sure you will agree, Marriage is decision that requires a lifetime of dedication.

We cannot serve two Masters, the decision is there for one or the other. Free will at all times.

Pat

Pat
are you saying that all other Clergymen who married are not capable of serving the Lord as they are dedicated to their families?
donald

Pat
Donald,

Pat

Pat,
Does this mean that RC priests prior to the fourth century who were married(including, I am sure, a Pope or two) were not capable of fulfilling their obligations?
BTW as an Anglican I would very strongly refute your suggestion about serving two masters.

Dear Low Roader,

If History is to be believed cetaintly it proves that it was impossible to serve two Masters. Even the Popes then were not infallible in this category.

These words I quote were not mine but the Masters himself when he said to his chosen 10 men, "Leave your Father & Mother your brothers & sisters & follow Me."

I believe only a few men or women are capable of answering this call & the cleansing that is going on at present is a blessing. Better a few genuine men or women instead of false followers.
Pat

p.s. I salute genuine clergymen of all denominations that believe in their faith and whatever rules they follow. I can only speak for my own & its teachings.
Pat