Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Out alone

Dabbler, Dominic was allowed time out from papering the bedroom to watch the Derby. He told me that your horse was second. Then it was back to papering which he finished last night at 9.30 pm and for which he was rewarded with a very large single malt, followed by another. I think he deserved them. The paper is beautiful but the room will have to be tidied up later as it's in a mess. Then it's new curtains, bedclothes and light shade. Men wouldn't know about these things. Left alone Dominic would just put back the original furnishings, even though they don't match now. Can't be perfect. eh.?

Ann, as posts seem to be getting through today (not Sunday), I'll try yet again:
Dominic fully deserves his treats after his paperhanging.
I pay little attention to fashion, but sometimes, like yesterday, when Jean is watching QVC, I persuade her to purchase an article that she obviously likes. Yesterday, it was a Kipling shoulder bag.

Dabbler, the trouble with me is that I don't need any persuading to buy myself something. Regarding Dominic, I have to constantly ask him if he needs new trousers, shirts, ties or pullovers. He would just go on wearing the same old, same old.

Ann, I DID say 'sometimes'. Stuff is delivered here from QVC at least once a month - at least - and my opinion is not sought.

Dabbler, I'm glad to hear of your wife's QVC buying. I imagine this is some sort of catalogue but I haven't a clue. KEEP BUYING.