Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hilden on the rebound

Donald, you know more about Lisburn than I do I suppose that's the way - whenever you live in a place you take no notice of what's going on. There are two huge curved features in Market Square now. I don't know exactly what they are supposed to be. However, to me, they look like sewing needles with thread, which would make sense. Must find out what they are meant to portray. There are other things going on in the square, but these are not finally finished, so I don't know what they will turn out to be. If Lisburn could only attract shoppers around the town it might make these features worthwhile. As it is, almost all the shoppers head for the Mall or Sprucefield. Lisburn centre is dead most of the time, except perhaps on Tuesday, Market Day. It's a pity because I remember the town as it was - full of people, and plenty of atmosphere. In those days you couldn't walk a few steps without running into someone you knew. Now, most of the shoppers are strangers to me.

Re: Hilden on the rebound

Is Hilden school still standing empty? There was some talk a few years ago it was to be turned into flats ( now often called apartments)
donald