Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Lisburn Changes

Ted, I had to laugh when you suggested that I would like to sit down and have a few beers with my uncles. Only one of them was a regular drinker and by that I mean he always had a supply of beer in his Fridge and was a regular customer at his local hotel (Pub) after work in the days in South Australia when the pubs closed at 6 PM would you believe, this was known as the 6 oclock swill. The farmer uncle never drank at all but sometimes would go with me to the hotel in the little town near where his farm was and have a soft drink while I knocked back a few beers.this of course was during my rare visits while on leave.The last one who went back to Lisburn only drank on social occasions though he did surprise me one time when I visited him where he lived in Lambeg and he brought out a bottle of Scotch but only after his wife told him too."Ha Ha",????? Mauri

Re: Lisburn Changes

Funny enough Mauri after posting, it struck me that maybe they could have been teetotalers however you know were I was coming from, but even if it had been a dry meeting I still would have enjoyed the privilege of there company yourself included off course ,Kind Regards Ted