Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Computer Problems

My computer that I only purchased in Febuary has been giving me problems even after it was serviced a couple of times, so although I am a mild mannered person enough is enough so after telling the owner of the store where I bought it from what I thought he agreed to give me another more powerfull computer in a direct swop and so they delivered it and set it up yesterday and so far everything is OK.
Although I guess it is none of my business I was glad to see that the "Yes" vote won in the South, nice for the people to get what they wanted despite the objections of the Church.and that will be my only comment.????
Our weather really warming up in Ontario, today the temperature is expected to hit 30oC and close for the rest of the week, in the more southern lattitudes where Beano lives it will be even warmer.and we are still only officialy in Spring. Have fun in the Sun. Mauri

Re: Computer Problems

Mauri, I'm sure this is meant to be a serious post, but as soon as I read 'although I am a mild mannered person' I had a job to hold back a giggle. The Mauri writing here for a couple of years, has flown into a fighting rage quite a few times, But a highly entertaing piece Mauri. lol
And Mauri, you seem like the sort of guy that one wouldn't want to upset, despite your stated antiquity. HaHaHa!

Dabbler, Yes I may be up there in years (85 last birthday) though you are not too far behind me ?, and the old body creaks and groans now and then but I still feel like I can look after myself, but thanks for the compliment. Take Care. Mauri

Mauri
I admire your reactions to poor service or abuse that you have described here over the years, whether in Ireland or overseas. I'm not the size of tuppence, but I'm crazy enough to dive in and lend you a hand. LOL