Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Touchy/Feely

Dabbler, when does your wife receive her Lifetime Achievement medal? I think we wives should all get one.

Ann, life's a weary puzzle, past finding out by man. I go my way and draw my pay and do the best I can. Or, as Tommy Lewis once said to my da, 'and fear not any man'. Your man seems to have reached a right old age with his marbles still intact, without the need to search for self enlightenment. But yes, you women deserve recognition for your huge contribution to family fulfillment.

Dabbler Ahhh, The Old Bog Road! What else does it say, apart from I'll take the day and draw my pay, and do the best I can..............

Liz
I like the old soppy songs. Daniel O'Donnell suits me.
How are things where you are?

Dabbler

Dear Old Daniel helped me to paint the walls the other day. Well, I was not exactly happily employed, when I thought playing a CD of his would send me into another world. It worked, I happily sang along and finished the painting with no trouble!

I am happily settled Dabbler, and have got over my desires to be in the homeland more or less. Just to watch the NI news every evening is unsettling. There is almost always, a shooting, malicious damage to someone's property, and the political scene would drive me mad. All very well to go on holiday and love to see again the wonderful scenery and well loved places, but there is a uncomfortable cloud over the old place and I have moved on. It is about time too!

Thanks Liz. That sounds like common sense. I'm in a smashing wee spot here. I'm probably going a bit barmy in my old age, and miss talking -oops! shouldn't have said that. I just like looking back, though I know I probably shouldn't. I still hurt remembering a boy asking me to talk to his ma, as he was sure she would let him come with me to England. I told him I could barely look after myself. About forty years later I learned that he was tortured and murdered during the troubles. I hope you and the pastor continue your happy life for at least the next century.

Liz, I have had my reply spammed twice so I will keep this very short. News picks up on anything that will sensationalize - don't believe it all. Yes, we have a way to go yet but this is home and this is where I hope to lay my head. Every country, including England, has problems. Sorry to hear that you have "moved on", but understandable too.

Dabbler, yes, my man is the steadying influence in my life. He is almost the complete opposite of me. Everything that I am, he is not, and it seems to work. (most of the time). What drives me mad is his slowness in everything he does. My late mother used to comment that while she was very fond of him, Dominic's inability to hurry got on her nerves. He's the same yet and I've had to put up with that for 53 years. That's why I should get a Lifetime Achievement Award.