Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A meeting of friends

Hi Mauri et all,

Yes I have been avoiding the forum for some time
as no one wants to hear any more Bad News that seems
to be happing all over the world.

It all started when we were about to go to Florida.
I had a check up & was informed that I should not travel.
In Feb. I spent a week in North York General for tests.
They in turn sent me to Sunnybrook Cancer Hospital .
Where I spent 2 weeks Getting daily Treatment.
That nocked me for a loop. I lost 40 LBS.
Which I have since gained back 15 Lbs.
The medication that I am on seems to be working & got things under control. I have not got the energy that I had prior to this.
With the excellent help from Oline & my Family I am blessed.
They attend to my needs .
My son & son in law have planted my veggie garden .
I Just sit and watch. What a life .!!!!!!!
Thanks for asking but do not expect a lot more
information as I am being very positive & in good care.

John

Fortycoats, Mauri and all. We had a nice couple of days away and the weather was good too. I was surprised at how many guests were staying in the hotel as I thought mid-week might be quieter. Mind you, almost all the guests were "oldies" like ourselves, probably having a few days of relaxation in beautiful surroundings. Our room overlooked the lake and we had a great view of all the bird-life in the surrounding trees. Very civilized. However, we're back home again. I'm a bit of a homebird as, even though it's good to get away, I'm always be glad to get home again.

John (The Lord), good to hear from you but not so good to hear about your recent diagnosis. However, you appear to be taking this in your stride, and I would expect no less, as you always come across as an optimist in your postings. Having met you confirmed this for me. Nevertheless, the news must have come as a blow. You are blessed to have Oline and your family supporting and caring for you at this time. Keep positive, enjoy the summer, watch the veggies growing, and rejoice in the good family you have around you. Keep in touch and let us know how you are coming on.