Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Football match without spectators?

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/republic-of-ireland-v-northern-ireland-fans-to-record-secret-football-clash-with-drones-31183679.html

Football fans will attempt to spy on the 'behind-closed-doors' match between the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland using sophisticated camera drones, it can be revealed.
Earlier this week the Irish Football Association announced that the two Euro 2016 hopefuls would meet up at Dublin's Aviva Stadium on June 4, as part of their preparations for crucial qualifying games later that month.

Fans and the media, however, will not be allowed in to see the two Ulster-born managers, Martin O'Neill of the Republic and Northern Ireland's Michael O'Neill, go head-to-head for the first time.

Could anyone explain this to me please. Is this a match between the two teams or a debate between the two managers?
donald

Re: Football match without spectators?

Donald/Barney, I miss wiziwig, where I could find 'streams' of any games I wanted to watch. LOL

Can´t anyone explain this?
donald

Donald,
The match you refer too is probably being held behind closed doors for the following reasons.
The two managers wish to give all of their squad (probably 22/23 players) some match time and it is likely that it will be played in 20-30 minute segments.
FIFA rules are such that if there are paying spectators then a maximum of six substitutes are allowed(17 players) and the match must be of two 45 minute halves with UEFA registered referee and assistants.
I hope this answers your question and I hope you and yours are well.
LR

Lowroader
Thanks and welcome back, I think often of my youth, EMB, Boys club, Andy Brody and his assistants who helped us boys to stay out of trouble and grow up as half decent citizens. Funny but I once read that life is comparable to a roll of toilet paper = The nearer it gets to the end the quicker it goes!
donald