Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
the rapture

I knew this would happen eventually what with all the doom and gloom postings. no postings for almost 3 days. this probably means the rapture has been artificially induced and I'm the only one left forever lurking on my own. its so lonely here in the background I'm away for a lonely lurk.

Re: the rapture

They're all at Facebook

Hi all,

We have been having glorious weather in Ireland this last couple of weeks or so and everyone is taking advantage of it. The last time I recall such early warmth & sun was in 1974 & 1975 when on St. Patrick's Day we had to remove our Aran sweaters watching the Parade.

The first swallows have arrived & gardens are blooming & lawns need cutting etc hence the absence of posters on the Forum. Sitting with a glass of wine in the evenings outside is too big a temptation.

I am on this morning to catch up but soon will be out again taking the opportunity to get a tan as the change in weather is to come tomorrow.

BUT we haven't gone away you know Pat

Lowercase
Wrong again, we were recovering after celebrating Adolf´s birthday on 20 April, we had such a good time we needed a few days to recover.
donald

ICH DEIN FUHRER HERR WATTERS

sounding more like lisburn every day. keep taking the tablets.

Barney; though I think all sports today, and particularly boxing, are too much run by and for money, I get a bit of the old vibe from Mayweather-Pacquaio. I like to see old unbeaten champs like Mayweather retire unbeaten, but the little Filipino, born into abject poverty, tugs at my heartstrings. I don't know the truth about the drug stories, but I know Manny's rise from ragamuffin to boxing icon fills me with something close to rapture.

Boxing is a hard game; some may say cruel; but those lucky enough to have the ability can climb to the top of their world. I am thinking of a little Filipino nurse, and I hope she has pride in her fellow countryman. Win or lose, he is entitled to the adulation of his country.

Dabbler, talking about Facebook reminds me to tell all my friends on the Forum that I have taken myself off Facebook. I was very rarely on anyhow, but the fact that messages were being sent meant that I had to sign on most days just to read other people's postings. I don't have time for Facebook now that I have my Tablet. I feel as if a burden has been lifted from my shoulders. After watching Crimewatch last night, I'm glad I have signed myself off.

Eamon, the only rapture I have encountered these past few days has been the good weather. That is enough and I'm not complaining. While Mr Sun was out, I was also out and had no inclination to come onto the Forum. Now that Mr Sun has taken his leave, I'm back again. Fickle, aren't I?

hello ann it's great to see you all back again, there's no fun in lurking at an empty forum. I spent the last couple of days out front of god's waiting room (weatherspoons). I'm glad the suns gone cause my liver was getting it tight. I missed all the doom & gloom but got a nice tan.

Eamon lowercase
hello ann it's great to see you all back again, there's no fun in lurking at an empty forum. I spent the last couple of days out front of god's waiting room (weatherspoons). I'm glad the suns gone cause my liver was getting it tight. I missed all the doom & gloom but got a nice tan.

And no doubt when drinking that aul flat beer you closed your eyes and imagined you were enjoying, Augustiner, Andecs or Tegenseer brew and shouting and singing "Prost, Prost Kamarade"! And to make the treat complete a "Schweinshaxen" or a Schnitzel from Rieder in the Austrian Alps beside Achensee?
donald

your right I do miss all those things. it would be total heaven except there's too many germans. prost kamaraden.