Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The North/South divide

This past couple of days the sun has been shining, but a very cool breeze keeps the temperatures down. It's far too cold to sit in the garden. However, speaking to Pat yesterday, she told me that it was, in her words 'roasting' in Co Clare. She said she had to go indoors as her legs were burning with the sun. Once again we have another beautifully sunny morning but the breeze is still cool. Good weather for drying, as my mother used to say. I think I'll sit in the greenhouse with the door open.!!!! It's lovely and warm there. "Strange fruit" as Billy Holiday's song went.

Re: The North/South divide

Hi Ann,

We had another beautiful day here in St.Catharines...24c. We had two visitors with us today from Swinford County Mayo, they used to live here in our area. When Liam retired his wife Kay wanted to return to Ireland so off they went,that was eight years ago. Today Kay wanted to walk along the Lighthouse Pier for old times sake,so,away we go, it was fabulous, we all got a bit of a tan, no need to go to the Islands. It was a wonderful visit for us all, we haven't had much joy over the last few months,so it was nice to get out and about again.

Beano

Beano, good to see that you're out and about again. Your friends must have been homesick for Canada when they returned for a holiday. I envy your tan. We sat out this afternoon for a couple of hours. Mind you, I wore a cardigan as we still have that cool breeze but my freckles have come up a treat. I know some people hate freckles but I love them. That's how I know summer's on the way. Best wishes to you and Doreen.

Beano,

Glad you & Doreen are out & about with friends, time is passing us by & as a friend said to me yesterday

"How many years have we left.? Enjoy your life every day in the time left to us. Live in today not yesterday or tomorrow."

Food for thought.....Pat

Hi Ann and Pat,

Your advice is well taken.. With the help of our close friends over here we are getting out and about. Ann, after me bumming about the tan, our weather has gone haywire. It was +5c yesterday and today it is expected to go down to -3 with the wind chill factor.For Friday and Saturday......guess??? possible snow flurries!!!!!!, only in Canada Eh.
Doreen sends her best wishes to you both.

Beano

Beano, when the cool breeze disappeared, we had a few days of lovely, warm weather. I lay out in the back garden and got a nice bit of a tan. The temperature suited us both, neither too hot nor too cool, just perfect. However, today it's once again become cooler and the dreaded rain is not too far away. Today I shall start the pile of ironing that is waiting, but I don't mind. I took the best of the sun when it was here and I'll take the best of it again when it comes back.