Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The sniffles

For the past couple of days I have had a raw throat and a dry cough. Just annoying, that's all. Apart from attending the dental hygienist this morning, I've stayed in all day, hoping to nip this in the bud before it takes hold. However, I've begun to sneeze now as well, great big roaring sneezes. I think I have the common cold.

Re: The sniffles

Still sniffing and my voice has gone down a tone. The cold continues, for your interest OR NOT.

Ann,

That's the way my Flu' started, be careful, but it must take its course. Hot drinks, vitamins, rest & if all else fait ofls, antibiotics.

Just finishing mine, after a bout of bronchitis. Uggggh.

Pat

Nothing to beat a hot whiskey.
donald

Donald, you're right about the hot whiskey. Pat, my cold is not anything like yours. You were quite badly affected and with bronchitis thrown in. What I have is just a cold with a tickly cough. I think I'll live, but thanks for the thoughts. My nose is itchy too. Hey, it might be man 'flu.

Ann,

You are lucky, I am not back to full health as yet, still 2 tablets to take, still coughing & the effects are unpleasant. No taste buds & feel sluggish.

Good Health or Slainte after the Hot Whiskey Think I will have one now.!!!! Cold old day here.

Pat