Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Flu' Injection

Hi all,

I have the Flu, after flu free years while taking the yearly injection, this time the virus mutated & laid me low, along with all the other unfortunates.

I have been feeling wretched this last week, full of antibiotics & Paracetamols, if I see other hot lemon drink I will refuse it.

Only today do I feel like looking in to the Forum. Good to see it is reviving again.

Pat

Re: The Flu' Injection

Glad to hear you are feeling better Pat.

Pat
Hi all,

I have the Flu, after flu free years while taking the yearly injection, this time the virus mutated & laid me low, along with all the other unfortunates.

I have been feeling wretched this last week, full of antibiotics & Paracetamols, if I see other hot lemon drink I will refuse it.

Only today do I feel like looking in to the Forum. Good to see it is reviving again.

Pat

got the flu injection for first time in my life about 10 years ago and finished up in hospital with pneumonia for 2 weeks'never got it again and never will either,a woman i knew got it same week and died and she was very fit for her age and had just bought a new mountain bike ,as her old racing type cycle was a bit sore on her back

Mauri,

Hope you are well again after your attack of whatever it was, maybe Flu'. Take care & visit the Doctor, as I will Friday, for a check-up. Age must not be overlooked in illness now, unfortunately.

I am still indoors with the dregs of this Virus, still coughing & feeling weak & listless. Glad to get out to the clothes line in the sun for fresh air or to take Finn a walk round the garden.

Health is indeed wealth, appreciate it . Pat

This will be my third attempt to write this as I have been spammed twice. Anyway thanks Pat,All,Ted.Dabbler for your good wishes and am now nearly back to normal (I hope). I had talked about an Australian cousin in Las Vegas who phoned me last week, he is a pilot with "Cathay Pacific" airline and I have know him since he was a baby though I hadn't seen him since he was a little boy in Adelaide untill he visited Toronto a few years ago and got the shock of my life when I saw him coming off the elevator at the hotel he was staying in overnight as he is 6"5"in tall. Unfortunatley he lost his wife just over a year ago she was an American girl he had met while in the USA
picking up a new aircraft for the Australian airline he was working for then.
During a pilot's strike in Australia they left and came back to the USA where he has been flying for "Cathay" ever since on the China,Singapore and other Far Eastern destinations.
Hope you all didn't find this little tale boring only for the spam threat it would have been much longer. Mauri

mauri,
glad you are improving.cathay pacific is a very good airline. when i was working i went different times to taiwan,china, hong kong, singapore, and others, the company always booked me on cathay pacific. it was always a good flight tom

Tom, At least I'm up and around???. Yes I have always heard good things about "Cathay Pacific" though I have never flown with them, the couple of trips I took back to Australia over the years I flew with British Airways and Quantas (quaint ass) each time I came back through Hong Kong and Singapore staying in each place a few days just for old times' sake, though the last time I got into a boozing session with a Scots tug boat skipper in the Long Bar of Raffles Hotel in Singapore and very nearly missed my flight to London, I was travelling on my own as I had lost my wife a couple of months before. Hope things are going good for you in Aussie. All the Best Mauri

Pat, My apologies for not replying to yours before this, yes I guess at my age I should be seeing the doctor more often than once a year,although I think with the bad winter we have been having here these minor illnes's have to be expected. Hope you are 100% by now and enjoying much milder weather than ours. Take Care. Mauri