Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: Dying forum

Can not agree more i now read and understand you all, i am 72 but this forum has brought my childhood coming back.This is to important to break,we are gone in a twink of an eye, but our town Lisburn lives forever in my heart. Take care everyone and have a wonderful year

I have a suggestion to make which may help the forum to exist. Why don´t we each of us, lurkers included start a new topic about something which may encourage others to answer. I´ll start with the Gas Works down Bridge Street.
donald

Eamon
On the subject of the forum dying I would respectfully suggest that it has become tired and almost a private members club for about a dozen or so people. I always log in every night but on the few times that I have tried to contribute I have been practically ignored or frozen out. Not very welcoming to anyone waiting in the wings. Now I know most of you and I know that you are entertaining,honest people who share a common interest(Lisburn) but perhaps you should be a bit more welcoming to any strangers attempting to enter forum. I think you,ll find that's all it,ll take to resurrect a great little forum. Good luck and I,ll keep sitting in the wings. Eamon
After re-reading this comment from Eamon I,m afraid I have to agree with him, I suspect ( but hope I,m wrong)we have reached the end of our tether, thanks to those who lurk and do not contribute and those who in the last while contribute nonsense. A pity as in the past there have been lots or wonderful subjects spoken about and loads of friendships made here.Why don´t we try to re-activate this site?
donald

Yes I agree Donald 100% with Eamon not very welcoming a lot of people have tried to make it a private members clubs

Sean, Donald, Eamoun I am having difficulties figuring out were the coldness in welcoming new individuals to the forum stems from, I don't remember anyone being blanked out by anyone ,recently a couple of head bangers with nothing to offer only abuse posted other than that any query's or help requested was always answered maybe I'm missing something ? Regards to All Ted

Ted,I couldn't agree with you more. Mauri

Ted
why is the forum dying then? I remember lots of years ago the interesting posts from around the globe, now we get very little. My appeal on all, please try to get the forum back on it´s feet by contributing
donald

Here we go again! Donald, the Forum is not dying! If you say it one more time, I think I might die!!

Morning Donald, Looking back over the years without doubt it was a very healthy forum and reading again some of the input from then you realise now what's missing ,its the subscribers themselves ,there was some incredible input which for some unknown reason I can't put my finger on isn't there any more ,but I still can't remember anyone being excluded as such,there has to be another answer,maybe the loss of Jim added to the input!Regards Ted

Ted/Liz

there is no comparison to the number of inputs then to now, I still look in every morning and hope to read a few new comments or subjects and am pleasantly surprised when I find some.

donald

Ted what about the so called head bangers they were definitely blanked out because they spoke up for them selves or did they have to say what others wanted them to say

Sean
Maybe I asked this before but have forgotten the answer, are you related to the McArdle family who once lived in Hilden?
donald

I'm sorry but I did try to warn you all quite some time ago. the forum had become a little exclusive clique. strangers would come on and be totally ignored time and time again.so it became the same old boring topics ad infinitum. I read the forum religiously every day but choose to lurk as I expect quite a few people do. a few topics I tried to raise were treated with scorn or ignored. please don't tell me I'm being overly sensitive. I'm afraid its time to sit up and smell the roses. your reaping what you have sown.

Eamonlowercase, I don't quite understand where you are coming from, you say that strangers are ignored on the Forum, "Well" are we not all strangers when we first come on and if you continue to lurk instead of contributing what do you expect?? Its quite a few years now since I first come on and although I know there are other contributors and lurkers out there who don't like what I sometimes write about, "Too Bad" you know the old saying you can't please everybody all of the time, anyway who cares if you don't??. "Have a nice week end." Mauri

mauri why do you twist everything making it personal and what do you not understand? if a stranger tentatively tries to make a contribution and is ignored in his mind the forum becomes a very unfriendly place. and seeing you've just had a pop at me let me return the compliment you are one of the biggest culprits in ignoring people with apologies to no-one.

Now you really have me puzzled, who have I ignored? if the subject interests me or I have any knowledge of it I will always reply. Yet in one of your entries you state you will continue to be a lurker,nothing wrong with that untill you complain that everybody is ignoring you?? you can't have it both ways. Have a great week end. Mauri

first and foremost I did not write last post supposedly from me. anyway the question was posed as to way forum was dying I gave one of the major causes for its demise and if you go back to my first post you will find I did not single anyone out. someone decided to take it personally then launched an attack on me. I find it laughable and pathetic and its one of the reasons I prefer to lurk.

Morning Sean, Personally I don't think they were blanked out ,they made comment that didn't require a response ,Ted.

Eamonlowercse, My apologies for inserting your name in the sender's box, an absentminded mistake by me though I did put my name at the end of it.

I'm afraid I do not understand where you are coming from? I have not made any personal attacks on anybody unless they attack me. Anyway lets forget it, I just don't understand you complaining about the Forum yet you continue to be a lurker.??

I will sign off Wishing you All the Best and hope you are enjoying the week end. Adious. Mauri

1 2