Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Seekers with Judith Durham

Beyond The Who and The Rolling Stones, and even The Beatles, this gentle group found my musical 'soul'.
Judith, that self deprecating little songstress who wore home-made dresses stole a little bit of my happily married heart.
And, Ann, I don't know how they did it, but have a look at Judith Durham Dances, on youtube.

Re: The Seekers with Judith Durham

Dabbler, I loved The Seekers too. ("There's a new world somewhere they call the Promised Land") Judith Durham was a beautiful singer and I know she died some time ago, which is sad.

I loved The Carpenters too.

Dabbler, you should watch TOTP on Sky Arts 2. It's great, especially the 60s and 70s programmes. The Seekers was on it recently. I record them all and then watch whichever ones I fancy.

I will look at the video you mention but not until I've walked the dogs.

Judith had a brain haemorrhage last year, but recovered. With the Seekers in London in June past - almost certainly the last time she will ever be in Europe. I wish I had known.
Because she sang Puff The Magic Dragon, she was sometimes mistaken for the female of the group Peter Paul and Mary.

Dabs & Ann,

Must be the child in me, I always loved that song "Puff the Magic Dragon". Still do. Also the "Runaway Train"& "One Day My Prince Will Come." "The Yellowbrick Road"

Too many to mention here, my Grandsons always loved to hear them when they were young too. I used to sing them when they got bored in the car journeys.

Joseph, in Canada, used to say, "Granny, you have a song for any word." I did. Try it.

Pat

Dabbler, absolutely brilliant - JD U Tube. I can't believe she's not dancing with Fred Astaire.

A senior moment regarding Judith Durham. When I mentioned she had died recently, I was thinking of the singer in the Mamas and Papas.

Judith is still alive and well.

Hi all,

Speaking of dancers, Fred Astaire was the champion, love to watch all the old films with him & Ginger Rodgers. Out of this world dancing.

Pat