Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
UK Visitors

My stepdaughter and her husband are presently entertaining two visitors from Middlesborough who they met on vacation in Mexico last year, so they dropped in on Sunday to introduce them. We had a pleasant hour sitting in my basement bar knocking back a few beers.

I guess I am out of touch with living in the UK as this couple really surprised me with tales of their travels to the Far East and places like Vietnam and Cambodia, times sure have changed, although they of course are much younger than me so don't remember the old days in England, it was sad to hear though about the loss of Industry in the Middlesborough area and the resulting high unemployment rate a situation that is familiar to our and surrounding areas especially in the steel industry. Mauri