Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR BROTHER

Today is my youngest brother's XX birthday. Not entirely sure but I think he may be entitled to a bus pass. Not that he would use one as he's a keep-fit fanatic. Jogs, runs, climbs, enters marathons and generally keeps himself healthy.

Last night I rang him; the phone was switched to answer-mode, everyone watching the Jubilee Concert on TV. I left a Happy Birthday message, thinking yesterday was 5th June. (Told you about these senior moments).

This morning he rang me. I then discovered that today is his birthday so Happy Birthday once more.

Talking about senior moments AGAIN. The other day I noticed our calendar turned to the JUNE page. I wondered who had changed it while we were still in May. It turned out that it was the 2nd June. Talk about time sneaking up on ya.

Finally, a special whispered word (how's that for alliteration) to a handsome Italian with whom I had a brief conversation this morning. "I'll look out for that ravishing photograph but it may be AFTER my holiday". Hope you can wait that long.!!

Now, that's got you all guessing.