Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Allen Family from Lisburn.

Hi,

I am trying to find out any information about my Allen family. I have gone back as far as George Allen, born about 1798,a shoemaker from Glanavy,Lisburn,who possibly married a lady with the surname Thompson. I know he had at least two sons;Edward Allen born 1828 & John Allen born 1831,also both shoemakers. I believe he also had sons James,born c1831 & David Allen,born about the same time,also shoemakers. These last two are buried in Lisburn Catherdral Graveyard. James probably married Mary Short. There may have been other children. Any help gratefully received.

Regards

Coreen

Re: Allen Family from Lisburn.

Hi,

Who is Donald Dunlop (the balckman),how do I contact him & will he know about my Allen family?

Regards

Coreen

Have you tried the Allen family from Llewellyn Ave,there were nine of them plus Mom and Dad, eleven total..my mother was one. Five still living.

Hi,

No I haven't tried this family. Can you tell me a bit more about them.

Regards

Coreen