Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
For England and St George

As a keen follower of football I have been watching with interest the unseemly haste in the coronation of Harry Redknapp as the next England manager. It is my view that the best manager in the Premier league is Sir Alex Ferguson but it is well documented that as a rabid Scot he would refuse to take the job.

Next in line in terms of ability would be Arsene Wenger who has produced an Arsenal side that at times plays some beautiful football, technically gifted if somewhat inconsistent. However I doubt he would accept the chalice.

Both the above are also getting on and if the FA really wants to plan for the future they should take a punt on a young manager. My choice would be Nigel Clough of Derby County who has worked wonders at that club on a financial shoestring. He also has his father’s steel character hidden beneath an affable manner (so that will probably exclude him).

Therefore the FA old guard will probably go for St Trinian’s Flash Harry.