Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: Does anyone remember Leo or Elias Mccutcheon?

Marie (McCutcheon), in case you ever read this, I didn't mean that you are at least as old as I am, but that I am pleased you are still alive.
Joe

There also was a Cecil Mccutcheon who as far as I can remember married Derek Bells sister,Cecil also boxed

Thanks, Barney.

yes dabbler ,we would be ,francis or hugh as he is called is my father,as far as im aware they were never a close family or atleast arent now,,tommy and carol still live in lisburn as does leo and bernard,,i hadnt even met bernard before my grannys funeral,so how close a family is that,,im now 38,,i also know denis reid very well,,he is a good man

Here is Leo's boxing record,i used to work with him in a couple of places

Leo McCutcheon
Global ID 264560
sex male
division lightweight
country United Kingdom
residence Lisburn, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
won 4 (KO 3) + lost 11 (KO 11) + drawn 2 = 17
rounds boxed 65 KO% 17.65
biography

Lb St Kg | ↑date↓ | ratings off on | print
date Lb opponent Lb W-L-D last 6 location
1958-12-06 134¾ Joe Sharpe 139¾ 15-17-0
Ulster Hall, Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom L TKO 6 8x3
1958-10-18 Gil Neill 13-5-0
Ulster Hall, Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom L KO 2 8x3
1958-06-28 136 Jimmy Hamilton 9-16-0
Ulster Hall, Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom W KO 4 8x3
1958-04-26 Pat Loughran 5-4-1
Ulster Hall, Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom D PTS 8 8x3
1958-04-05 134½ Ray Bond 138 2-2-0
Ulster Hall, Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom L KO 2 6x3
1958-03-29 133 Jim Loughans 138 2-3-1
Ulster Hall, Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom D PTS 6 6x3
1957-03-02 140 Jim 'Spike' McCormack 133¼ 12-2-0
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom L KO 4 8x3
1957-01-12 143½ Sammy Cowan 139 10-9-1
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom L KO 6 8x3
1956-12-29 147 Johnny Blaine 144 5-6-0
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom W TKO 5 6x3
1956-12-08 138 Gil Neill 133 2-0-0
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom L KO 3 6x3
1956-11-17 139½ Derek Clarke 139 16-19-0
Ulster Hall, Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom L KO 3 6x3
1956-11-10 140½ Joe King 141½ 12-24-1
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom W TKO 4 6x3
1956-10-20 143½ Len Donnelly 137½ 3-5-0
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom W DQ 2 6x3
1956-04-28 Jim 'Spike' McCormack 3-1-0
Ulster Hall, Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom L KO 1 6x3
1954-05-22 132 Johnny Leabody 131½ 1-0-0
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom L KO 1 6x3
1954-04-14 133¼ Pat Price 131 4-0-0
Ulster Hall, Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom L TKO 6 6x3
1954-03-27 132½ Paddy Graham 134¾ 2-0-0
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom L TKO 2 6x3

verified

Dabbler
Martin, I presume that you and Wayne, who started this thread, are related.

It is nice to read again about your relatives, who are, it seems, also mine, since my brother Dennis, according to Maurice, is married to Rosemary.

I'm pleased to hear that Leo is still alive. He is at least as old as I am.And wee Marie, too, God bless her.

Barney,

If you worked with Leo like I did, you will know he didn't care who he fought,win or lose, he was just in it for extra money.

Beano

Beano
Barney,

If you worked with Leo like I did, you will know he didn't care who he fought,win or lose, he was just in it for extra money.

Beano

Yes i know that and he never seen one penny of what he got for boxing,he gave the envelopes he got to his girlfriend at that time snd she went off with it all when they lived in England he told me all about it

That is interesting Barney. Was she Irish?

Dabbler

Yes she was a local girl they went to england together to work there

BARNEYKX
Dabbler

Not wee Eileen from the Island?

Dabbler
BARNEYKX
Dabbler

NO she lived in Antrim street as far as I can remember

Hi all 3yrs late to reply however elias mccutcheon was my grandfather his eldest son seamus is my dad and lily my grandmother. We are all also living in lisburn..

Joanna
You do not say that you are related to my sister-in-law, Roseie??? You say Elias WAS your grandad, but do not say if Leo is alive or dead. Or Marie?
If real, pleased to meet another relative

Hi yes rosie is my auntie her sons Jim and Alan my cousins. Rosie is one of my dad's sisters. As for Leo and Marie I'm sorry I don't know them elias died before I was born hense not too close to his side of the family. Joanna

Thanks Johanna. I am nearly seventy nine, so most of the people I write about are dead and gone. I cuddled Rosie's husband when he was a few months old, and I was engaged to be married. He is my youngest brother. I never met Rosie, or their children. I was a very naughty boy; left at eighten, and visited a couple of times in sixty years; such is life. How old are you? Where do you live? Do you see your cousins, including Kiera?
Joe

Is your brother Denis reid

Jo
With respect, you have not answered any of my questions.
Joe

I don't know of a kiera possibly other side of the family. The mccutcheons are quite a large family many of which I haven't met. I am the eldest grandchild of elias and Elizabeth mccutcheon at a grand old age of 35. I know rosie has her hands full caring for my granny lily and also for Denis his health has been very poor lately. Joanna

Thanks Johanna.
As you suggest, everybody has their hands full as they get older. I don't even have much contact with some family members here - iPads etc. take up leisure time.

Hi Joanna,

Your grandfather Elias and I were close friends in our late teens,we also worked together in the Island Mill, I hadn't seen Elias in almost 50years. Coincidentally I was looking at old photographs last week and came across one of your grandfather,myself and another old friend Davy Bell,brought back a lot of good memories.
By the way what was grandmother's maiden name????.

Beano

Hi beano lovely to hear from you ohh memories are great my granny's maiden name was Leonard originally from lurgan.. elias died aged 41 as I am 35 you realise such a young age he passed at very sad. Joanna

BARNEYKX
Dabbler
BARNEYKX
Dabbler

NO she lived in Antrim street as far as I can remember

name just came to me it was Joan Watson she had a brother Joe

Wayne, Martin, Johanna, Barney, Beano et al, I awake on a May Bank Holiday on a fine morning in a lovely spot in Sussex close to farmland and the sea; and I look at a computer to see what is written by people I do not know.
Does the fact that I know this is crazy behaviour make me less crazy?

Hi everyone, Bank Holiday Monday here. I took Tess out for a walk this morning at around 8 am, earlier than usual, but I woke early. Lovely and sunny but a cool breeze prevents me from having a day in the garden. Instead, I have finished all the ironing and the line is adorned with clothes put out to dry. I still like toi have a wee juke in although there's not much going on in the Forum at present. Let's hear from you.

I know this is a rather belated observation but for what its worth there used to be a Mccutcheon family who lived in one of the few detached houses on the Longstone. though I don't remember their first names. Mauri

Hi Mauri yes that is right my granny lily and uncle Barry used to live in the house in longstone quite a few yrs ago the houses are now knocked down

I am leo mccutcheon oldest son

Hi Dutch,

It's nice to hear from a son of Leo's. If you read any of the previous posts you will know that I worked with Leo and Elias in the Island Mill, both were great workers and also very good friends of mine. If you see your Father tell him I was asking for him. Their nickname for me in the Mill was " Billy Bones"

To all contributors I am sorry I haven't been on the Forum lately, I am having lots of problems with my computer both mechanical and physical I have developed a shake in both hands and I have a hard time typing, as you can imagine. Will talk later.

Beano

1 2