Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
LISSUE HOUSE BALLINDERRY RD

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-15522768

I always thought this was part of the Belfast city hospital for sick children,passed it many times when walking the dogs or out in farmer Lewis,s fields looking mushrooms,another place of infamey in irelands very long list of sadistic instutions

Re: LISSUE HOUSE BALLINDERRY RD

Barney,

I always thought LIssue was a children's hospital too.

I remember being out seeing a friends' child being treated there & Joe meeting Sean Bradley, who was a Doctor there for a short time.

Wonder where he went after that.? I used to go out to his house with his sister, who was a schoolfriend of mine, at the Convent.

I had a school -girl crush on Sean, who used to walk on a tightrope he rigged up out in the garden. No one knew about my crush on Sean, innocent fantasies

That is until now of course..

Pat,Barney, Do you guys remember the family that used to live there before it was sold to the Hospital authority?. They were called Lindsay in fact the owner was known as Captain Lindsay I remember him walking up and down the Longstone. Mauri

Hi all,

I remember Capt.Lindsay well, I think he was related to Charles Hardy the Draper's wife,they lived up the top of the Antrim Rd.. You must remember "Hardy's" shop in Bow St. I never thought that Lissue House was anything but a boys home.....certainly nothing sinister.

Beano

Many years ago I use to ride the message bike out to Lissue House with fish and always admired the house as it was on an elevated site and dominated the surrounding countryside and like yourselves always thought it a hospital for special sick children who had been lucky enough to have been chosen to be treated there, God how wrong one can be, and then to listen to Government Minister's statement regarding an Enquiry that some of the abused would have forgot about there experiences by now? How convenient Ted

Ted! I know nothing of this incedent at Lissue House ,I know the house very well,tell me more...Frank

frank
Ted! I know nothing of this incedent at Lissue House ,I know the house very well,tell me more...Frank

Hi Frank this should answer your query

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-15479635

Hi Frank I suggest you go to The IRISH NEWS who exposed this abuse of children from many years past, the stories are now coming in from past patients from different parts of the world and this treatment was still handed out right up to the 70s I think there are 6 nurses they are aware of, but from what I read I think there was a cover up for years, come back to me if you like Regards Ted

HERE WAS ANOTHER COVER UP

http://www.missingpersons-ireland.freepress-freespeech.com/archive-kincorascandal.htm

I wonder was the same Lindsay that lived in Belfast near the Malone Road? My grandfather was a coachman for a Col Lindsay in the late 1800's and he named his son Lindsay after the Colonel, or possibly he was a brother, i have a photo of him somewhere.

as far as I known captain Lindsey's widow put a reath on the cenitaph ever year after the war and does any one have info on this?

Hi Frank, my young sister and brother were both patients at Lissue, I remember visiting them.

www.theymademesuffer.com

Lissue was a very bad place