Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Down the Line this morning

I know some of you exiles like to hear about the line and local walks and parks.

I needed to renew our dog licence which involves calling over to the Civic Centre. As we were in that direction we decided to take the dogs down the line from the Co Down side. (if you can follow that). It was a pleasant, warm morning for a change and we were out earlier than usual. I had wakened at 7 am and decided to stay up, so Dominic followed shortly afterwards. We were at the Civic Centre just after 9 am.

We set off over the bridge at the locks and took the towpath leading to the line. We met a few cyclists and just a couple of dog walkers. We walked over the blue bridge and headed onto the middle towpath. Huguenot Drive is nearby, just up the banks and we could hear people talking and cars passing.

On our travels I counted 5 wild miniature rose bushes, all just budding, and spread over a nice area. We came across dog daisies in bloom, buttercups, ferns and loads of wildflowers. It's quiet on the towpath itself and surrounded by trees and bushes it's quite sheltered. We met a friend with his dog but that's the only person we encountered here.

Our dogs enjoyed this new area too, sniffing around in the long grass for new scents.

We enjoyed the walk very much and after paying the dog licence, we headed home. Breakfast followed and then a bit of gardening, watering plants, tidying the paths.

That was our morning, how was yours?