Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re ; Cecil Walker

Hi All

I along with Billy (Beano) and all give my congratulations to Cecil on his award . He has earned it , and more . Sad that Percy is not still living to join in the celebrations . A while back i was on one of my photographic missions , and i wandered in to the wallace park . i went over to the cricket pavillion , to see a smallish man , walking behind a lawn mower as big as himself . He was the man himself Cecil who i had not spoken to and seen for a lot of years . We had a chat , and i enquired about Percy , and he said that Percy was not at all well. And it was not long after our wee chat that Percy had passed away . My memories of the walker brothers , were playing table tennis in a store in Mooney's yard on the Longstone . Ah those were the days !
All the best to Cecil & Sylvia