Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A wee dander down the line

Fresh, sunny, breezy day so we decided to take the dogs down the line for a good run. We wrapped ourselves up well and set off in the car.

When we reached the Belfast Road the dogs became excited. They stood up at the car windows, looking out and making whining noises. I think they knew where we were taking them and were delighted. It's a while since we've been down the line but they must remember.

The banks had been cut back and were nice and tidy. The Lagan was flowing well and high with all the recent snow. We met quite a few couples out enjoying the good day, some with dogs and a few not. The usual cyclists came along too - they're the hardiest of the lot of us because whatever the weather they're out.

We let the dogs off and they had a great run along the towpath. Only thing is when anyone is visible in the distance, we have to put their leads on again. I eventually just kept Tess on the lead as it was handier. She ran along and I tried to keep up with her and succeeded, even breaking into a run at times. God, I'll suffer tonight for that foolishness.

The mallard ducks were swimming around, about a dozen I suppose, male and female. We didn't see any swans today.

Enjoyed the walk, then home to make dinner. I'd rather have a walk mind you. Radio 2 is good on Sunday afternoon so it keeps me company in the kitchen. Today it's 70s music which takes me back to different times. Wouldn't you all like to know????????????????????????????????????????????????

See you later, I smell the roast potatoes so better check them.