Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SAINSBURYS ONLINE

I attempted to buy a washing machine from Sainsburys. With a little bit of hassle, I succeeded, or so I thought. I rang to check about delivery details, was pleasantly surprised to be put through to their Newry office, where a nice Irish woman put me at ease. An hour or two later, I received an email, telling me that the item was not in stock, and that I would receive a refund within three or four days. I emailed back in anger, as I thought they should know whether or not the item was in stock before billing me. I got a call yesterday from a Sainsburys Customer Services representative, a Californian named John, who said that whilst it was regrettable, and he would put forward my complaint, I would not receive any form of compensation for the inconvenience, nor for the temporary deduction of my money.
Sorry to bother readers with my gripe, but I spend half my time online writing in here, so I hope you'll forgive me.
Joe