Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
LISBURN Phoenix from the Flames by Nicola Pierce

Hi all, I read the above historical book yesterday and found it very enjoyable and interesting. It is No 265 in a limited edition of 1,000 and is signed by the author. The book was printed in 2008.

I looked up Amazon to see if it could be ordered by others but there are no more copies available. A pity because this book is compact, although a hardback. There are photographs, gives the whole history of Lisburn and surrounding areas and tell of the Barbours, William Wallace, Sir Fulke Conway, the clan O'Neills, the ghost of Lt. Haddock, the infamous Laura Bell and loads of other interesting people. Also, how Piper Hill got its name. A piper's head was severed from his body in battle and went rolling down the hill - henceforth calling the place Piper Hill. Loads and loads of places and people are named. Great book.

If any of you can manage to get a copy, I would certainly recommend it.

I will lend this copy to Pat as I was telling her about it this morning.

Just thought you'd like to know.