Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pelan Family

I'm rearching the surname Pelan and would very much like to hear from anyone with that surname that would like to share some information about their family history. I have a moderate amount of information gathered already about many Pelan families in Lisburn and Belfast and I may be able to help you too.

The reason I am asking in this forum is that the Pelans appear to orginate from the Lisburn/Lambeg/Tullynacross area.

As an added element of research, I'm trying to encourage male Pelans to participate in a DNA study which may help determine the origin of the surname and the deeper history of our male lineage over many thousands of years. This is the kind of study featured on the BBC series "The Incredible Human Journey" - which is on tonight;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00klf6j

I can be contacted at dna @ pelan.org .

Thank-you.