Lisburn Exiles Forum

(Site is no longer operational pending a major long overdue overhaul of the entire website. Thank you for your patience. Site should still be visible and searchable for old posts.)

The Lisburn Exiles Forum is dedicated to the memory of James Goddard Collins (The Boss) who single-handedly built LISBURN.COM (with a lot of help from many contributors) from 1996 to 29th November 2012. This website was his passion and helping people with a common interest in the City of Lisburn around the world is his lasting legacy.

Lisburn Exiles Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Technology plus shopping

Hi all and JIM. Jim, I don't like this new Forum. I know it's nothing to do with you but I'm set in my ways and I'd prefer the older, chummier one. I knew where I was with it.

Anyhow, hasn't stopped me coming on.

Busy, busy day today. Visited Tescos to buy most of our groceries for Donegal as we're self-catering in a bungalow over Easter for a week.. Took me ages to choose what foods the boss would like. I can eat anything, thank goodness. I mean apart from mashed potatoes, meat and 2 veg, he'll have to adapt and try something different. I bought lots of pasta, spaghetti, macaronic, tinned tuna, tinned salmon, tinned tomatoes, a large smoked salmon, loads of sauces, soups, tinned corned beef (Dabbler, the one you and I know)and various other foods. The usual Tayto potato crisps, plus Bombay mix and all the rest. We have Rachel and her younger sister so had to keep them in mind too.

Eventually got home, exhausted. Just wanted a cup of tea. Luckily enough, my 2 sons plus 2 granchildren were here and they hauled all the groceries out of the boot. My grandaughter made me a cuppa and I sat down.

A good film came on with Gloria Graeme and Broderick Crawford. I sat down, cup in hand, and watched it all, except for the ending - DUH. (most important bit). By that time I had to put the dinner on.

Dinner's now over, everyone complimented me, so I'm going to have a sit down this evening, feet up, watch Corrie and whatever else is on.

See you tomorrow.